Did you know there is an expansive 30-kilometer underground PATH in downtown Toronto?
Not only is it a convenient way to walk through the downtown core without having to go outside, but it’s also home to a wide variety of shops and services. It’s worth exploring the unique architecture alone that connects Toronto’s significant buildings and financial institutions.
Here are five interesting facts about the Toronto PATH
- There are over 1200 shops and services underground
- Over 200,000+ people walk the PATH from Monday – Friday to commute to work and meetings
- The PATH is home to 3 museums and art galleries
- The Guinness Book of World Records ranks the Toronto PATH as the largest underground shopping center
- You can walk from the Waterfront to Yonge and Dundas square entirely underground