Did you know there is an expansive 30-kilometer underground PATH in downtown Toronto? Not only is it a convenient way to walk through the downtown core without having to go outside, but it’s also home to a wide variety of shops and services. It’s worth exploring the unique architecture alone that connects Toronto’s significant buildings and financial institutions.
Here are five interesting facts about the Toronto PATH
1) There are over 1200 shops and services underground
2) Over 200,000+ people walk the PATH from Monday – Friday to commute to work and meetings
3) The PATH is home to 3 museums and art galleries
4) The Guinness Book of World Records ranks the Toronto PATH as the largest underground shopping center
5) You can walk from the Waterfront to Yonge and Dundas square entirely underground